Corrugated Life Cycle Assessment
The corrugated industry released its second life cycle assessment report on June 4, 2014 measuring and documenting the cradle-to-cradle environmental impact of corrugated packaging manufactured in 2010
. The new study builds on the first-ever U.S. corrugated-industry LCA
, released In 2010.
Information about the new study results is available here:
- News Release - Corrugated Industry Significantly Improves Environmental Performance: Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduced 32% From 2006 to 2010.
- LCA Summary Report - A 26-page PDF document that includes graphs and diagrams detailing the study findings. (Downloadable PDF)
- Full LCA Report (revised August 2014) - The entire technical report (213 pages) detailing the life-cycle assessment study for a 1-kg. industry-average corrugated product. (Downloadable PDF - 4.2 MB)
- Webinar Slide Presentation - Study highlights presented in a June 3, 2014 corrugated industry Webinar to explain LCA results. (Downloadable PDF)
- Webinar Audio Recording - Webinar presentation provided to industry members on June 3, 2014.
- FAQs - Answers to questions that readers may have about the LCA. (Downloadable PDF)
- Carbon Footprint Calculator - This calculator estimates the carbon footprint, the non-renewable energy and renewable energy associated with the life cycle of corrugated containers (assuming 8% moisture content) constructed from the average containerboard produced in the United States.
- 2010 Corrugated Industry Life Cycle Assessment
- Infographic (Downloadable PDF)