Corrugated vs. Reusable Plastic Containers (RPCs)
Corrugated packaging excels over RPCs in a variety of ways.
The following information will help you make an informed choice when deciding between corrugated and RPCs.
See how corrugated excels over RPCs:
- Made predominantly from trees, a renewable resource, in sustainably managed forests.
- Once recycled, corrugated box fibers are used 7-10 times to make new boxes and other paper products.
- Corrugated packaging is frequently lightweight and can reduce shipping costs.
- Corrugated has four printable panels for custom graphics and product information.
- Corrugated packaging is readily available from 1,155 plants in communities nationwide.
RPCs FALL SHORT
See how RPCs fall short when compared to corrugated:
- Made predominantly from fossil fuels.
- RPCs weigh up to 4X more than corrugated; increasing freight costs.
- 10 studies show multi-use RPCs have inadequate sanitizing systems to consistently meet cleanliness standards.
- RPCs often have small labels for product identification.
- RPCs require washing and return transportation before reuse.
Corrugated packaging is the best choice.